Back To Blog

What is the 9% NH Rooms Tax?

Many people ask about the 9% NH Rooms and Meals tax, so here is a quick explanation.

If you decide to offer your vacation up for short-term vacation rentals (185 days or less), those rentals are subject to a 9% tax (Meals and Rooms tax) that is paid to the state of New Hampshire.  Owners must obtain a license (which you can get get here) and submit your tax reports monthly (which is done online).

If you rent your home for a longer period of time (186 days or more), the rental is not subject to that tax.  If you start a rental that is subject to the tax & the dates extend, you can file for a refund for any taxes paid.

Add Comment

Comments are moderated. Please be patient if your comment does not appear immediately. Thank you.


  1. No comments. Be the first to comment.